At Liberty, we employ more than 6 000 people across 7 businesses in 18 African countries. Every day, our employees grow their knowledge by working with diverse groups of people who specialise in a wide range of skills across insurance, asset management, investment and health products. We continually seek to engage, develop, recognise and reward the people who make our business great.
To provide specialist advise and support related to the implementation of occupational health and safety regulations in alignment with applicable legislation, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs.
2 – 3 years experience in a similar environment
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas [NQF Level 07] in Office Administration
Critical Skill and Knowledge Requirement:
- Advanced knowledge, understanding and experience in the development, roll out and implementation of H&S management systems.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of SANS Codes, Municipal Bylaws and OHS Act.
- Demonstrate the ability to positively influence improved safety outcomes.
- Retail Experience would be an advantage
- Tertiary qualification in H&S and or an associated discipline (BTech: Environmental Health/ National Diploma: Safety Management).
- Minimum 3 5 years of experience in H&S environment. Experience in a Corporate Environment is advantageous.
- Valid drivers license.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Advise on and contribute to the development of procedures and processes within area of specialisation for continued quality and service improvement.
- Apply relevant research methodologies, tools and techniques to effectively and purposefully gather information.
- Attend and respond to OHS emergency issues and assist on and participate in related investigations.
- Draw on own technical knowledge and experience to identify and develop solutions to improve operational service & quality.
- Escalate unresolved delivery and quality issues to operational management and process owners.
- Implement OHS processes according to legislative requirements, including risk identification and processes related to buildings requirements.
- Monitor contractor activities to report on and ensure adherence to related OHS policy; in promotion of a safe work environment.
- Provide specialist advice and support in area of accountability to ensure that identified solutions and recommendations are appropriate and effective.
- Recommend preventive measures that address occupational health risks and develop procedures to minimise injury frequency rate.
- Understand and apply existing best practice frameworks to assist in the implementation of identified subject matter processes and standards.
- Contribute to a TCF service excellence culture, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Adhere to specified policies, standards and procedures to prevent and reduce wastage of financial resources and escalate associated risks.
Learning and Growth
- Contribute to the successful implementation of change initiatives by providing support in area of specialisation.
- Interact proactively with others for the purpose of continuous knowledge sharing; and integration of own new knowledge.
- Participate in specialist communities of practice and contribute positively to own and organisational knowledge improvement.
- Comply to governance, compliance, integrity and ethics processes and procedures in area of specialisation and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Reporting and Interpretation (Basic)
- Customer Advice (Technical) (Basic)
- Occupational Health and Safety (Intermediate)
- Organisation and Attention to Detail (Basic)
- Professional/Technical learning (Basic)
- Relationship Management and Networking (Basic)
We put our knowledge and insight acquired over the past 60 years, to serving a pan-African market of the future. Liberty has received its eighth certification as a Top Employer from the Top Employers Institute. See details here link