We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial and dynamic Chief Operations Officer (COO) to oversee our Group of Companie’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will play as a key member of the company and responsible for the efficience of the business.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team (EXCO) reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You will have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we would like to meet you.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustaiable growth.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Proven experience as Chief Operations Officer or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competence in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operaion metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infastructure and MS Office
- Oustanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitute in decision-making and problem solving
- B.Com / BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Experience within private tertiary education and or Consultancy industry will be an advantageous.
- Degreed coupled with a minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years Tertiary Education
- 5 to 10 years Executive Management / Director
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
Progressive and dynamic Business School in Sandown, Sandton
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Normal Co Benefits