Rare opportunity for a Listed Credit Analyst to join an Investment team in Durban!
This is a key role for the team essentially an Analyst, with some Portfolio manager responsibility. The person will play a lead role in the Investment team by taking ownership of the fixed interest and credit analysis process of a large income fund.
Some core areas include:
- Taking responsibility for the credit management process
- Interacting with the Investments and credit committees in the identification, assessment, understanding and management of credit risk
- Managing the credit process for fixed income products and analysis of credit as an asset class
- Liaising with arrangers, issuers and ratings agencies on upcoming and existing bond issuances
- Investigating new entrants to the bond market and conducting research on similar organisations globally, if necessary
- Investigating creditworthiness of banks and other lenders, corporate and government-related issuers
- Analysing financial statements to assess the creditworthiness of the entity
- Advising on appropriate through-the-cycle pricing for new and currently held instruments on a total return basis
- Analysing legal documentation relating to bond issues and if required, following up with legal counsel
- Reporting to the internal credit committee on credit exposures and developments
This role is suited to a CA(SA) / CFA /Similar with 4+ working years Fixed Income experience as a Listed Credit Analyst / Fund Manager. An effective communicator, excellent technical skills, and someone able to present complex thought (and fresh ideas) in a simple and understandable way, would be beneficial to the role.
This is an EE designated opportunity.
You understand and accept that, by applying for this role, you authorise Candidate Connect to obtain your personal information and utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role. Your information will be stored on our database . Should you wish for us to remove any personal information from our database, please contact us at [Email Address Removed]. Your data will not be used for any unsolicited marketing purposes, and will not be transferred to any third parties without your direct consent.
Please note that if you do not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it as unsuccessful for this particular role thank you.
About The Employer:
Boutique, well-established Asset Manager.