An Enrolled Nurse (6 Months Fixed Term Contract) vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium’s Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) in Soweto, Johannesburg – Gauteng.
The Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) was established in 1996. The Perinatal HIV Research Unit has been involved in research, training, policy formation, and advocacy in issues concerning HIV-positive women and their children.
In recent years the work of the unit has expanded beyond the original focus of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, to include treatment trials in adults and children, prevention research, psychosocial research, and policy development. In addition, the Unit has developed an HIV vaccine clinical trials unit (HVCTU) and started with HIV Vaccine Trials back in 2001.
The unit is recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in the field of research and policy in the area of mother-to-child transmission of HIV. It has also developed a reputation as a leading African research unit for clinical trials in adults and children with HIV, with one of the largest cohorts.
Main purpose of the job
- To assist with participant enrolment, specimen collection, and other study-related duties
- PHRU Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, Soweto
Key performance areas
- To do study-related duties as specified by the protocol
- Enroll participants
- Complete the case report forms
- Communicate routinely with the study coordinator and principal investigator
- Do proper filing of results and any other study-related documents in the relevant assigned place
- Refer Participants if necessary
- Collect specimens as required from participants for storage and testing
- Ensure that laboratory kits are always available on site
- Ensure that specimens are collected by the laboratory timeously
- Ensure that laboratory results are signed by the medical officer and filed correctly
- Ensure that all participants have informed consent forms and complete them
Required minimum education and training
- Qualified as an Enrolled Nurse
Professional body registration
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council
Required minimum work experience
- At least 2 years of research experience
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities
- Ability to lead and work independently as well as be part of a multidisciplinary team
- Comfortable working with children and caregivers in a ward setting
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in study requirements
- Empathetic towards people living with HIV/AIDS and TB
- Ability to speak local languages
- Computer literacy
- Willingness to learn
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experienceas mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 17 June 2021.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.