Rare opportunity to join a FinTech start up that is well funded together with the excitement of breaking new ground!
Directly influencing asset manager & leading investor buy/sell/hold stock decisions via a combination of Data Science and Investment Analysis techniques.
In essence, this business is driven by a tracking and budgeting App that analyses consumer spending trends – the data is then interrogated to identify trends, themes, assess if the trends identified are sustainable / profitable etc, and this research offering is then shared with subscribed asset managers and investors to consider further. The intention being to publish differentiated, in-depth analysis on listed and unlisted consumer facing companies for their clients.
This role offers a unique combination of both data science and fundamental equity research. You will apply your knowledge in fundamental investment analysis, by using your understanding of accounting and capital markets to ask the right questions. And data science, in collaboration with more senior data analysts, to extract the answers for your companys unique dataset.
Fundamental equity analyst activities include:
- Build and maintain financial models for listed companies
- Reporting on key trends in the consumer market
- Synthesizing important factors and trends from company reported results
- Writing research reports
As a data analyst you will:
- Query, clean and filter data for research and business projects
- Analyze large and complex data sets
- Identify trends and patterns in the data
- Build data models
- Provide reports on analysis to team and business
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Able to clearly communicate complex issues to a sophisticated and unsophisticated audience
- Curious about the world around them
- Ambitious and self-motivated, able to work on difficult tasks on their own, while also knowing when to seek assistance
- Passionate about investment markets, demonstrated by evidence of personal trading track-record or a genuine interest in current market events
The following are mandatory requirements to be considered for the role:
- A quantitative or financial undergraduate degree
- +/- 2 years experience
- Started on CFA journey
- Intermediate knowledge of Python and SQL for data science applications
The successful candidate will be offered a one-year contract, with the possibility of a permanent role based on individual and company performance.
You understand and accept that, by applying for this role, you authorise Candidate Connect to obtain your personal information and utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role. Your information will be stored on our database. Should you wish for us to remove any personal information from our database, please contact us at [Email Address Removed]. Your data will not be used for any unsolicited marketing purposes, and will not be transferred to any third parties without your direct consent.
Please note that if you do not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it as unsuccessful for this particular role thank you.
About The Employer:
Exciting FinTech company.