- Multitask on a range of products and tasks simultaneously, defining priorities and ensuring efficiency.
- Define and communicate problem, goal and acceptance criteria.
- Communicate and collaborate with development, business analyst and design teams to solve problems, make recommendations and discuss best programming practices.
- Work with stakeholders to achieve appropriate solutions.
- Conduct research on possible solutions and techniques.
- Analyse systems for root cause, impact, workarounds and permanent fixes.
- Determine and account for dependencies among deliverables, products and systems.
- Accurately estimate duration of deliverables.
- Identify and mitigate risks.
- Document analysis and planning process.
- Communicate effectively with line manager on progress, priorities and workload.
- Follow project plan to develop software.
- Meet deadlines and timelines as determined in the planning phase
- Adhere to agreed upon standards for code, as set and determined by the Lead Systems Engineer.
- Generate and maintain effective and efficient high-quality code.
- Use effective and efficient components & techniques to implement solutions.
- Ensure all work is versioned and backed up according to company standards.
- Take ownership for work, tasks and communication
Testing and Implementation 20%
- Ensure that all work is tested, benchmarked and fulfils functional requirements before submission.
- Prepare test environment, examples and instructions.
- Participate enthusiastically in peer code reviews.
- Deploy changes to live environment.
- Maintain system and product change logs and release notes according to company standards.
Reporting and Communication 15%
- Keep project documentation up to date and standard.
- Provide timeous, efficient and effective feedback on project status.
- Proactively keep stakeholders updated on progress, risks and problems.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates and
- work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Provide insight and feedback on queries regarding relevant projects.
- BSc in Computer Science or other technical discipline
- MSc/PhD in computer science or other technical discipline
- 3+ years working experience
- Have an excellent sense of design sense and attention to detail.
- Use sound engineering practices to build a solid product while iterating quickly.
- Experience in at least one of the following: Angular, [URL Removed] [URL Removed] Competencies:
- Developing Expertise
- Providing Insights
- Showing Composure
- Embracing Change
- Inviting Feedback
- Meeting Timescales
- Managing Tasks
- Taking Action
- Examining Information
- Interpreting Data
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Exploring Possibilities
- Conveying Self-Confidence
- Thinking Positively
- Impressing People
- Convincing People
- Challenging Ideas
- Making Decisions
- Upholding Standards
- Following Procedures
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.