ENVIRONMENT:The coding talents of a self-driven Senior Developer who is able to take ownership of all assigned projects within Development, Testing and Maintenance phases is sought by a fast-paced FinTech company to join its team at its Cape Town or Joburg division. Your core role will be to write exceptional quality, testable and workable code that aligns with the business requirements. You will also be expected to do Code Reviews, participate in Pair Programming, support Continuous Improvement by investigating for alternatives and innovative tech options and present your recommendations for architectural review. You must have Grade 12 / Matric, a relevant accredited Software Development focused Degree / Diploma or Certification, 6+ years Development experience within a high-volume environment, strong SQL skills, ORM technologies, Relational Databases, Git, Mercurial, CVS, Subversion, TFS, Test-Driven Development & exposure to graph databases. You must also be familiar with CI Tools, Object Oriented analysis and design and be able to build cloud-based applications in [URL Removed]
- Write well designed, testable and working code based on business requirements.
- Ensure the code is scalable and adheres to security standards.
- Deployable in infrastructure provided for release.
- Commit to source control in a working state with all dependencies updated.
- Ensure code is working and signed off by the client.
- Ensure all Code Reviews have passed.
- Ensure all tests are working.
Technical Analysis –
- Be involved in the planning, design and development of the identified systems and platforms, contributing to all phases of the development life cycle.
- Responsible for supporting the Continuous Improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Assist with relevant documentation as and when required.
Participation in SCRUM Team
- Actively participate in stand-up, sprint planning retrospectives etc.
- Work with team to meet the sprint goal.
- Participate in Pair Programming.
Responsibilities on Demand –
- Due to the fluid and dynamic environment, new, additional, or changed position responsibilities will occur. Successful demonstration of change orientation is an on-going responsibility in all positions.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Any relevant accredited IT Degree, Diploma or Certifications related to Software Development.
- 6+ Years proven development experience within a high-volume environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies.
- Knowledge of source control such as Git, Mercurial, CVS, Subversion, TFS.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC.
- Develop, test, and maintain high quality application software.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development.
- Exposure to graph databases.
- Message Queues.
- Agile Techniques, DoD, Scrum, Kanban, Standup, Sprints, Retrospectives etc.
- Previous experience within a FinTech or Payments environment.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- CI Tools.
- Build highly scalable cloud-based applications in AWS.
- Architecture input and implementation of new technologies.
- Passion for Software Development and Technology.
- Eager to learn new tech.
- Business Awareness.
- Problem Solver.
- Flexibility: A talent for adjusting quickly to rapid change, with a strong sense of urgency and ability to work well under pressure.
- Team Player: A reliable team member, experience in working effectively with others in a team setting and able to take in other’s ideas as well as constructive criticism from team members.
- Analytical abilities: An eye for detail, technical as well as in a general context.
- Communication: An ability to communicate clearly and confidently in an international environment.
- Commitment: The dedication to achieve goals; and to continuous professional and personal development.
- Continuous Process Improvement.
- Responsibility and Initiative A self-starter who can bring fresh ideas to the table and work independently in an efficient and responsible manner.
- Work with Team Lead to break work down across the team.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.