The Letsema Group is looking to engage exceptional, high performing Systems Analysts for diverse Fixed Term Contracting opportunities. Successful applicants will be assigned to current or future, high impact projects supporting our clients’ strategic objectives.
At Letsema, we believe in business being a catalyst for social change. Achieving this ambition is only possible through the combined talents and skills of the Letsema family. We take pride in working with individuals from a variety of backgrounds who have the drive and intellect to bring about positive social change through the enablement Letsema offers to new and returning clients and partners.
Future Job Title: Systems Analysts
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
A Systems Analyst is responsible for the analysis of existing IT systems, and documenting requirements for alternatives or updates. You will guide the project team, while managing all stakeholders, to ensure that results are delivered in a professional manner, that advocates the name of the company. The incumbent will receive support from the Account and Engagement Manager.
We are seeking a Systems Analyst with experience in the Banking sector with experience working on new product/feature and process development.
Responsibilities for Systems Analyst
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot core business applications, including application servers, associated hardware, endpoints, and databases
- Meet and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, system goals, and requirements
- Develop, analyse, prioritize, and organize requirement specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and flowcharts for developers and testers to follow
- Translate highly technical specifications into clear non-technical requirements
- Manage the set-up and configuration of systems
- Define and coordinate the execution of testing procedures, and develop test cases to serve the overall quality assurance process
- Provide documentation of all processes and training as needed
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, monitor systems health, gather system statistics, and troubleshoot reported errors and alarms
- Perform design, implementation, and upgrades of information systems to meet the business and user needs
- Implement best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance
Qualifications for Systems Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in the Banking sector (essential)
- 2-3 years’ experience working with information technologies and systems analysis
- Strong computer, hardware, software, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with database maintenance and administration
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new applications and systems
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages
- Excellent analytical skills
Please take note that the information and data which we require from you, as a voluntary applicant for a potential vacancy within the Letsema Holdings and its subsidiary companies, will be solely used for the purposes of the internal recruitment process, and which are permitted under the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”). Subject to POPIA and applicable law, you hereby voluntarily provide us with your personal information and consent to store and process your personal information, for the sole purpose of its internal recruitment process.
We will only collect special personal information about you when necessary and we will only process such information if you have given your consent for us to do so.
- Systems Analysis
- Requirements Gathering
- Business support systems
- Business Requirements
- System implementation
- Highly Analytical
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years Systems Analysis
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
Letsema, founded in 1996, is a black-owned management consulting firm at the heart of a diversified investment group.
The word “Letsema” is of Sotho origin, meaning people coming together to work for a common purpose. This sense of collective effort towards a shared vision is our underlying ethos.
With long-term thinking and a broad base of skills, intellect, and IP, we aim to contribute meaningfully to the betterment of society. Each leg of our business – Consulting, Investments and Foundation – reinforces the other, setting them apart and making them stronger.
Our consultancy provides specialist services across the value chain, helping companies set direction, accelerate their journey, and ensure sustainability.
Our seven practice areas combine long-term thinking and access to a broad base of skills, intellect, and IP to facilitate institutional success, power change and meaningful contribution to society.