Type: 12 months contract (Initial Agreement
Level: Intermediate – Senior
Reporting to: Software Architect
Location: Currently Remote – Will move back to offices on a flexible basis once Covid levels
Salary: R37 500 – R41 666 GROSS per month | R 450 000 – R500 000 GROSS per annum
Benefits: Holidays, Public holidays and Sick Leave
- BSC Computer Science Degree or relevant to Data Engineering
- Certifications: (Advantageous)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Data Analytics – Specialty.
- Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP): Data Engineer.
Experience & Skills
- Good programming skills in both Python and SQL.
- Good database design skills and an understanding of data warehousing techniques and approaches.
- An understanding of and ability to access data from sources such as:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Amazon S3
- Windows and Linux file systems (Excel, delimited files, etc.)
- HTTP APIs
- SFTP sites
- An ability to engineer cloud-first solutions in the Amazon Web Services cloud (AWS).
- An interest in machine learning and advanced analytics, and the development of data pipelines in support thereof.
- An understanding of the software development process, with proficiency in Git for version control and build & deployment pipelines in GitLab.
- An ability to create reports and BI dashboards to communicate data & analysis results, using a variety of technologies, which might include:
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft PowerBI
- Microsoft Excel
JOB OVERVIEW/ROLE PURPOSE
- Will be responsible for creating data pipelines to support downstream data delivery.
- A data pipeline is a series of automated, programmatic steps. These data pipelines gather data from numerous, potentially disparate data sources and bring everything together into a central place (data lake & warehouse) where it is made readily available for downstream consumption.
- The incumbent works with a variety of technologies on a day to day basis. The nature of the job requires constant upskilling and personal development.
Desired Work Experience:
- 1 to 2 years Investments, Insurance & Assurance
- 5 to 10 years Data Analysis / Data Warehousing
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer: