The Role: One of our major clients is looking for a Software Developer Intern to join their team of expects. The successful candidate should be comfortable with building code, support with Front-end styling adjustments and have a understanding between development and support environments as well as investigation of defects (coding or data faults).Essential Function:
- Investigation of defects (coding or data faults)
- Code review and explanation.
- Support with system testing and feature implementation.
- Assistance with unit tests.
- Support with Front-end styling adjustments.
- Support Lead Developer with tasks as and when required.
Skills and Experience: Qualification Required:
- Computer Science or related Programming certification / qualification.
- Java qualification would be advantageous
- 0-2 years?? experience in software development.
- Introductory experience in line with role (example server & web front-end)
- Knowledge of Web services.
- Knowledge of Database principles.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies advantageous (Agile ?? Jira & Confluence)
Key Accountabilities: Functional Skills:
- Understanding between development and support environments.
- Assisting with the business case.
- Assist with identification of technical risks.
- Comfortable with applicable development tools.
- Comfortable with building code.
- Git or similar version control
Personality and Attributes: Soft Skills:
- Problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work interdependently as well as independently and to submit. deliverables on time and with excellent quality.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with both technical and non-technical colleagues / users.
- Above-board work ethics.
- Flexibility to take up different tasks in the project