Blue Ion provides the best, leading-edge global support services to a variety of international organizations and focuses on increasing operational efficiencies so that customers can focus on their core business.
We are looking for a talented and multi skilled IT Support Technician to join our dynamic team of IT professionals. The successful candidate should have a passion for IT and be willing to learn a lot of different technologies to assist the IT Team to support the various environments such as Windows Desktop and Server, Linux Server, Network and Security and Virtualised Cloud based and onsite infrastructures. He/she should ideally reside in the Northern suburbs of Johannesburg, have their own reliable transport and be willing and available for emergency standby and after hours support when required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide IT Support for the Windows desktop and server environments of all remote offices.
- Provide Network and Security support for local and remote offices.
- Assist the IT team with the SLAs for the ticketing system.
- Monitoring of the remote IT infrastructure to ensure optimal uptime.
- Regularly reviewing and updating of IT processes, procedures and documentation as required.
- Installation of various software at local and remote offices.
- Monitoring of the IT redundancy systems.
- Setting up and installation of Windows desktops locally and nationally.
- Making up of network patch cables and testing.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of A+ (Must have passed international exams)
- Network+ or Security+ an advantage (Must have passed international exams)
- 2 – 3 years hands on working experience supporting local and remote Windows Desktop environments.
- Support experience with Virtual and Cloud environments advantageous e.g., VMWare ESX, Hyper-V, AWS, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, Azure.
- Must possess a very high level of attention to detail in his/her work.
- Good command of the English language both written and spoken.
- Must have reliable own transport
- Must be willing to work long hours and after hours/standby when required.
- Must be a team player.
- VMWare ESX
- Digital Ocean
- Google Cloud
- IT Support Technician
Desired Qualification Level: