ENVIRONMENT:THE coding talents of a Mid-Senior Java Developer who knows their stuff in the Telecommunication space is sought by a dynamic provider of cutting-edge Wireless Technology Solutions in Centurion. Your role will entail taking ownership of the development of new products, systems and services which may include the front end and database layers along with integration towards third party applications, according to requirement specifications. You will require experience with Headless Java applications i.e. Back-end applications/services, SQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres, SOAP, JSON, Telco protocols such as SMPP and Diameter, Socket programming in Java, know your way around large Linux systems & basic troubleshooting and tracing (think: Wireshark, tcpdump, ping, etc.).DUTIES:
- Be part of a team of skilled Developers developing solutions for customers in the Telecommunication and Banking industry.
- Familiarise and adhere to the Development environment, tools and procedures including the Project Office procedures.
- Take ownership of allocated tasks as part of project activities in the
- Development of new products, systems and services which can include the front end and database layers along with integration towards third party applications, according to requirement specifications.
- Enhancement of existing products, systems and services.
- Liaise with Project teams, suppliers and customers.
- Provide assistance and support to colleagues as and when required.
- Perform Unit Testing prior to delivery to the Quality Control team.
- Assist the Quality Control team with investigations on reported queries and defects.
- Provide hand-over and knowledge sharing to the support team with the necessary documentation.
- Attend and participate in knowledge sharing sessions aimed at the Development team.
- Create reports, manuals and other documentation as required.
- Headless Java applications, i.e. Back-end applications / services.
- SQL knowledge and the use of MySQL/MariaDB and Postgres databases.
- Telco protocols such as SMPP and Diameter.
- Java communications technologies such as SOAP, JSON, etc.
- High volume message handling (think: thousands of SMS messages per second).
- Socket programming in Java.
- Safe thread programming.
- Know your way around large Linux systems.
- Experience in basic troubleshooting and tracing (think: Wireshark, tcpdump, ping, etc.).
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.