The Role: Essential functions:
- Good technical understanding of all Microsoft applications.
- Microsoft OS support as well as technical setup of machines.
- Basic networking knowledge as well as basic server experience.
- Good at troubleshooting.
Skills and Experience: Essential Qualification:
- Must have been desktop engineer for at least 3 years.
- knowledge of Microsoft and application support.
- Must be a out of the box thinker and be able to engage with users.
- senior management and basic workers.
- 3 years in the role as a desktop engineer.
- The mine requires physician exams on a regular basis.
- Living environments here are not the best (it is a mine after all) so housing might be a challenge.
- The users are mostly miners and engineers so difficult people to work with.
- They are very Strick on security and safety so PPE needs to be work.
- Access to the shaft require a induction process that is also very cumbersome.
- They must also be TEBA registered every year, this is done via the mine.
- Northamn is a very hot place so it is NOT for everyone.