Our JSE listed client in the financial services industry based in Sandton is looking for a Senior Java Developer with skills in JAVA 7, JEE and Spring framework.
- Primary responsibility will be to design and develop these layers of our applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
Experience and requirements
- Degree in Computer Science or Business Informatics, or similar qualification, is highly preferable
- 5 + years’ experience in building and maintaining Java applications
- Java programming language (Java 7 or later)
- Java EE
- JBoss/Weblogic EAP (or similar Application Server)
- Data layer (JPA, Domain Object Model, XML/XSD, JAXB, ORM frameworks, RDBMS – Oracle – and PL/SQL beneficial)
- Business services (EJB, RMI)
- Integration services (JMS, Apache Camel, REST / SOAP web services)
- Messaging systems (Tibco EMS, Oracle Advanced Queuing, MQ)
- Design patterns (DAO, Command pattern, MVC, etc)
- Spring Framework ( Spring MVC , Spring Batch)
- JUnit and JMock
- XML knowledge
- JSON knowledge
- Build tools (Apache Ant, Maven, Jenkins, etc)
Please note that if you do not hear us within 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that most of our positions are remote however candidates should be residing within the traveling distance as circumstance of the opportunity can change.
- Java EE
- Domain Object Model
- ORM frameworks
- RDBMS – Oracle – and PL/SQL beneficial
- Java Server Faces
- Java Server Pages
- HTML 5