- The company are currently undertaking our Digital Transformation.
- You will be part of a team that delivers world class applications and business solutions for the Sixty60 with the best of breed of technologies at your disposal.
- We are proud to be publicly recognized as a largest private sector employer in South Africa and a leading retail brand in Africa.
- We focus on attracting, developing, and retaining a loyal and committed workforce, dedicated to the Groups culture and organizational objectives.
- As a Senior Developer in Sixty60 your deep specialized knowledge to create, test and document high quality software will be a key success factor.
- Your collaborative technical guidance and mentorship to others will ensure that high quality of code and performance is maintained, as well as contribute to design patterns, libraries, frameworks, and processes.
- You will be part of a team that provides technical solutions to enterprise problems and deliver high performing software for a fast-paced consumer environment.
- You will apply DevSecOps principles, and employ proper source code control, infrastructure security and necessary automation.
- Work closely with Business Analysts and Solution Architects, as well as other cross functional teams and stakeholders in co-creating a sustainable Sixty60 experience.
- 3 Years IT Degree/Diploma or Matric
- Extensive, relevant, and demonstrable job-related experience in writing robust, efficient production code.
- Experience in general software development including testing and standards development with experience in backend, web, and mobile technologies – (essential).
- Including the practical ability in developing applications using multiple programming languages, frameworks, and technologies.
- Experience developing in at least one of Java, J2EE, C++, C, Golang, (Preferred) in a front-end focused test-driven environment.
- Experience with AWS, Stateless architecture design, Micro Services and the understanding of the strengths and weaknesses thereof.
- Any additional experience in technical solutions support with exposure to both waterfall and agile projects in DevOps with the Agile/Scrum Tool set, preferably Atlassian.
Code, Test and Debug Software:
- Ensure that coding mistakes are found and eliminated at the earliest possible point, by using the best available coding and debugging techniques, unit testing and TDD (where applicable), smoke testing and further testing, and interaction with QA professionals.
- Apply DevSecOps principles by automating as much of code standards checks, built-in security and testing as possible.
Deploying application to live environment:
- Work in environments that may employ various approaches such as Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD, etc.
- Gain a deep understanding and ability to employ and assist with the best available deployment approaches.
Research and Development:
- Keep improving your understanding of the ever-changing software industry.
- Do everything with a customer-first approach.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Tech stack environment:
- Development: Go Lang, Java, Node.js, Bash, [URL Removed] Docker, Kubernetes, ECS
- Data: MongoDB, Elastic Search, SQL
- Cloud: AWS Cloud technologies (EC2, ECS, EKS, S3, CloudWatch)
- Integration: Payment gateway, POS
- CI/CD: Jenkins, AWS Code Pipeline
- Testing: Selenium
- Source Code Management: Git