ENVIRONMENT:TAKE charge of IT projects ensuring exceptional delivery of business value through web solutions as the next Scrum Master sought by a reputable Retail Group to fill a 12-month contract role. You will be responsible forthe end-to-end delivery process and is ultimately the delivery of the solution to schedule. As a client-facing position, this includes working closely with the Product Owners, demand management, and ensuring a full understanding the business need. The ideal candidate requires a suitable 3-year tertiary or NQF-aligned tertiary qualification including being a Certified Scrum Master (CSM or similar), have 5 years IT industry experience with 2 years working in an Agile development environment, Team Lead/Management experience, JIRA skills, Agile & Waterfall methodology, have worked with cross-functional teams including offshore teams & have a proven track record of completing quality projects on [URL Removed] for control of IT projects delivering business value through web solutions.
- Relevant 3-year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or similar).
- At least 5 years IT industry experience essential.
- At least 2 years working within an Agile development environment as a Scrum Master.
- Experience in dealing with all levels of business essential.
- Team Lead/Management experience.
- Knowledge and demonstrable competency using JIRA.
- Ability to work across both Waterfall and Agile methodology.
- Track record of completing quality projects on time.
- Good understanding of web solution development and related technologies.
- Working with multiple cross-skilled teams, including offshore teams.
- Experience managing teams delivering IT implementations and involving cross-functional teams, in an Agile environment.
- Retail experience.
- Knowledge of application development methodologies, Agile and related techniques (e.g., Kanban).
- Supports the development of business acumen of team through knowledge sharing and upskilling.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of business operations and organisational metrics and trends.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of key industry metrics and trends.
- Evaluates the applicability of solutions with the ability to challenge and qualify its suitability for the business.
- Quickly identifies key issues, stakeholders and viewpoints in a complex situation or problem.
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and proactively works to overcome potential obstacles.
- Plans and ensures implementation of activities/projects identified in business strategy.
- Allocates time and resources as required when faced with multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Understands the perspectives of others to establish mutually beneficial objectives.
- Seeks and influences new relationships outside own unit and identifies new collaborative partnerships that better position programmes and services.
- Coach others on how to develop proposals and work plans for effective partnership arrangements.
- Actively listens, interprets and presents messages in different ways to enhance understanding.
- Confidently addresses groups of people, adapting style as appropriate for different audiences.
- Continually searches for ways to adapt and improve through change.
- Redirects own or own teams efforts in response to changed circumstances to ensure effective problem solving.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.