SENIOR DATA ENGINEERS!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer with Strong AWS to be part of a brilliant team of engineers -who work for one of the biggest and best Automotive giants in the world.
The Ideal Candidate should have:
- At least 6-8 years Cloud architecture and reporting technology experience
- Extensive experience in implementing and monitoring solutions
- Experience in testing (manual or automated testing)
- Web and digital project experience advantageous
- Agile working experience advantageous
- IT/Business Degree
Technical Skills Include:
- Expertise in ETL optimization, designing, coding, and tuning big data processes using Apache Spark.
- Experience with building data pipelines and applications to stream and process datasets at low latencies.
- Show efficiency in handling data – tracking data lineage, ensuring data quality, and improving discoverability of data.
- Sound knowledge of distributed systems and data architecture (lambda)- design and implement batch and stream data processing pipelines, knows how to optimize the distribution, partitioning of high-level data structures.
- Experience designing and supporting large-scale distributed systems in a production environment
- AWS Solid understanding of Components – VPC | IAM. Above average experience/understanding of AWS Components:
- Param Store
- Secrets Manager
- Step Function
- Code Build/Pipeline
Strong experience/understanding of:
- Python 3x
- Py Spark
- Linux / Unix
- Big Data
- Powershell / Bash
- Experience working in Agile SDLC methodology.
- Working experience building data/ETL pipeline and data warehouse.
- Demonstrate expertise in data modelling SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Exceptional analytical skills analysing large and complex data sets.
- Perform thorough testing and data validation to ensure the accuracy of data transformations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with precise documentation.
- Self-driven team player with ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Must be an analytical and creative thinker, and an innovative problem solver.
- Experience building data pipeline using AWS Glue or Data Pipeline, or similar platforms.
- Familiar with data store such as AWS S3, and AWS RDS or DynamoDB.
- Experience and solid understanding of various software design patterns.
- Experience preparing specifications from which programs will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- Experience working with a distributed team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Certification: AWS Certified Developer Associate / Solutions Architect
- Bitbucket / Git
- Jira / Confluence
- Familiar with data streaming services such as Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, or similar tools
- CI / CD Tool (Nexus / Jenkins).
Apply today for more information and lets get those applications across!
- Data Engineer
- Step Function
- Secrets manager
- Param store
- Big data
- Py Spark
Desired Qualification Level: