Electronic security equipment company based in Greenstone and Boksburg is looking for a Support Technician. This Position will require traveling therefore a valid drivers licence and own transport is a must. Preference will be given to candidates with previous electronic security experience.
- Minimum Grade 12 certificate.
- National Diploma or BTech degree will be an advantage.
- N+ and A+ will be an advantage.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous electronic security experience.
- The position will also require occasional travelling throughout the sales territory on client (installer) and end-user visits.
- A valid drivers licence and own transport to get to work.
Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Provide both pre-and after-sales advice and support.
- Help sales staff, installers, and their customers to understand, compare, and contrast the solutions that are available for buying.
- Troubleshoot problems with their implementationsthat is, to help ensure that the solutions work successfully and to maximise sales by providing such help to the internal and external clients.
- Train and advise sales staff and installers on the products and solutions.
- Become a product specialist on all the company electronic security products and be involved with workshops with installers/clients, shows and demonstrations of our products including pre-setups and configuration of equipment. Applicable security equipment categories: CCTV, Access Control, Alarms, Gate Motors, Elec Fence, Intercoms. Basic knowledge of electronics (use of multi-meter & troubleshooting).
- Technical repairs (limited basically go/no-go testing, replacement of fuses and basic repairs, etc.
- Technical support counter, telephonic and onsite support.
- Counter and telephonic sales, backing up sales staff when required.
- Basic quotes on Pastel know the pricelists and all matrix templates.
- Train branch staff on products and solutions, as well as installers/clients.
- Prepare and maintain Security Warehouses support area at the branch.
- Support internal systems on a 1st-line basis (PCs/printers and internal network, alarm, and demo boards/equipment, etc.).
- Submit reporting.
- Stocktaking and picking.
- Handling of stock.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong prioritisation of duties to maximise return on effort.
- Very strong with relationships able to get people to rely on you.
- Communication skills are essential telephonic, face-to-face and email etiquette.
- Accountability motivated drive for your own results.
- Fast learning of new information.
- Good culture fit accountability, planning and execution of a plan are critical.
- High level of communication skills (oral and written in at least English).
- Attention to detail.
- Stress tolerant.
- Social skills.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Conflict resolution.