Purpose of the role:
To carry out the identified scope of services stipulated by SACPCMP for Candidate Construction Project Managers under the guidance of the Senior Project Manager, Technical Lead and/or Executive. The Jnr Project Manager will be client facing and is expected to represent the company in an ethical and professional manner.
This includes but not limited to assisting the Senior Project Manager/Technical Lead/Executive in:
- Management and control all aspects of project from initiation to completion of the defect’s liability period:
- Developing Project Brief
- Develop, Implement and Monitor Project Implementation Plan
- Establish, implement and monitor compliance to project procurement strategy and procedures
- Prepare client/professional agreements
- Prepare and Monitor Development Programme
- Chair and record client, design and site meetings
- Prepare project documentation and construction programme
- Prepare project tender packages with Professional Quantity Surveyor
- Adjudicate submitted tenders and prepare award letters
- Prepare contractor, subcontractor, and supplier contracts
- Review, Adjudicate and award contractual claims
- Review and Approve Construction Documentation Schedule produced by Contractor
- Review and Approve Monthly progress payment certificates
- Prepare monthly project progress reports
- Issue Certificates of Sectional, Practical and Final Completion
Produce Project closeout report
Procurement, Management and Control of direct contractors engaged by the client for furniture, fittings and equipment
- Coordination, Management and Control all work arising out of the failure of any consultant, contractors, suppliers or other external party to perform its obligations.
- Coordination and Management of services required in respect of damage to or destruction of the works, insurance matters, postponement, or cancellation of agreements.
- Performing additional services resulting from changes by the client to previously issued instructions.
- Conducting weekly progress and program review – planed versus actual
- Implementing remedial action plans to recover project time delays.
- Undertaking reviews of extension of time delays and make recommendations to the client.
- Regular site visits to ascertain site progress, build quality, construction related concerns, interface coordination issues etc.
- Providing value engineering services to bring project costs within budget
- Management of project costs to provide accurate reporting to client.
- Completion of the project on time and to client’s requirements and expectations.
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in Building Science / Civil Engineering / Construction Management/ Quantity Surveying/ Property Development/Architecture
- Registered with SACPCMP as a [URL Removed]
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in any built environment discipline
- 1 – 3 years construction project management experience
- Experience in Commercial/Retail/Student Accommodation market sectors
- MS Project, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Business and Report writing
- Knowledge of BIM360 – advantageous
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- People Management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Critical Thinking and Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge/Understanding of Construction Contracts i.e. PROCSA, JBCC, NEC, GCC
- Knowledge/Understanding of Building design processes
- Knowledge/Understanding of Construction processes, Building Materials and Building Finishes
- Knowledge/Understanding of Financial and Cost Factors
- Knowledge/Understanding of Property Development Process
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Teamwork and Cooperation Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Degree/Diploma in Building Science / Civil Engineering / Construction Management/ Quantity Surveying/ Property Development/Architecture
- MS Project
- construction project management
- Commercial/Retail/Student Accommodation
Desired Qualification Level: