- Previous experience / understanding of infrastructure work – servers, storage and networking is essential – no need for deep tech skills
- Using Kanban principles to guide and focus the ops teams on achieving deliverables.
- Ability to coach multiple teams to reach their highest potential and deadlines.
- Participating in Agile Ceremonies, ensuring Agile processes are followed, provide feedback to delivery teams and focus the teams on agreed sprint goals.
- Set up new Agile projects in the tools of choice (Kanbanize).
- High velocity communicator making sure that all information regarding changes in scope, delays and other issues are communicated to key stakeholders.
- Driving improvements that are generated by Agile retrospectives.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame and problem solving.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Providing the team with support and guidance to be self-organised.
- Developing self and supporting others’ development to achieve full potential.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning or dictating the work.
- Shielding the team from external interference and removing impediments.
- Organizing and executing software team training, mentoring and Agile Sprint ceremonies.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders.
- Degree / Qualification is recommended.
- Scrum certification is beneficial.
Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 3 years Scrum Master experience.
- Lead multiple Agile teams on Agile methodologies with knowledge of embedded SDLC processes.
- Previous experience / understanding of infrastructure work – servers, storage and networking.
- Knowledge of Agile tools, such as the Atlassian tools.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum and Kanban.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Good coaching skills.
- Ability to coach teams from a traditional methodology into the use of Agile.
- Demonstrates strong accountability.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand the team needs.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Scrum Master