Proudly South African company with immense experience in the telecommunications sphere combining technology, data and analytics is looking to hire the skills of an Intermediate Data Scientist/ Quantitative Analyst to join their dynamic team!!!
The incumbent will use their analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyse and interpret large data sets to provide insights and data-driven solutions to solve difficult and strategic business challenges.
- Degree in Statistics / Mathematics / Computer Science
- 5-6 years commercial experience
- MS Excel
- Manage aspects of current scorecards/models
- Maintain and re-calibrate current scorecards and/or predictive models
- Develop new predictive models
- Utilises advanced data analytics and mining techniques to analyse data, assessing data validity and usability; reviews data results to ensure accuracy; an communicates results and insights to stakeholders
- Identifies trends, patterns, relationships, and discrepancies in data and determines additional data needed to support insight. Processes, cleanses, and verifies the integrity of data used for analysis
- Identifying, interpreting, and explaining the factors giving rise to specific business outcomes
- Predicting & forecasting probable future business outcomes.
- Identifying key factors of business operations to transform/eliminate/introduce to improve business outcome
- Develop, maintain, and refine advanced mathematical and statistical models pertaining to various aspects of the business
Reference Number for this position is NN54477 which is a permanent position based in Hyde Park offering a cost to company salary of R600k per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nigel on [Email Address Removed] or call him on [Phone Number Removed]; to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website [URL Removed] for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years
Desired Qualification Level: