KPI’s will be (but not limited to):
- Provide accurate solutions, designs and associated costing.
- Assist Sales, Service Management and Project Managers with a solutions and support approach, on a technical level with particular focus on power, routing, network, cooling and security.
- Assist Sales with solution designs on RFI’s and Tenders.
- Assist Service Management and Operational and Infrastructure Project Management Team with client Project role-outs and sign off of installed against design.
- Implement defined standards, policies and procedures in line with TIA, ISO methodologies.
- Be familiar on a comprehensive capacity plan for the company. This will include, but is not limited to, power, space, cooling and BMS endpoints.
- Work with 3rd party vendors and suppliers to ensure acceptable service levels are met and necessary services are performed, and to be informed of latest changes and improvements in the data centre market segment. Evaluate quote and most cost effective pricing and ability to interpret quotes to ensure that the meet the required design.
- Respond to and perform miscellaneous duties as directed by management.
- Act as technical resource for all client project builds, ensuring standards and qualities are applied in accordance with company standards and client design specifications.
- Assist in ensuring consistent optimization of all systems (hardware & software) to achieve business targets.
- Stay abreast with new technologies, products and designs.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years relevant working experience
- Advance Microsoft Office skills
- Certified Data Centre Professional
- Full understanding of a data centre infrastructure and environment
- Understand electrical components SLD’s
- Understand mechanical components for SLD’s
- Own transport. Note: may include travel to various sites. Local via own transport.
- MS Visio / CAD preferred but not essential
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand data centre design documents, plans and specifications
- Good planning skills
- Proactive problem solver and quick response to potentially critical situations
- Ability to work independently & a positive team player
- Conducts oneself professionally, exhibits high levels of tolerance and patience
- Responsible for continued learning and self-development
- Review, maintain, comprehend, and follow Work Plans, Sequence of Operations, Standard Operating Procedures, and Process Flow Diagrams
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted