Main purpose of the job:
- To collect/extract and capture patient and research data accurately and timeously for the iHEART-SA project
- City of Johannesburg Region F
Key performance areas:
- Collect and capture data for the iHEART-SA project
- Extract patient data from patient medical records
- Capture data accurately and on time using Microsoft Office and database packages e.g., Redcap
- Compare data entered with source documents and make necessary corrections to information entered
- Capture confidential patient information
- Identify missing data, inconsistencies, and errors and follow-up or report on missing data or errors
- Monitoring of own data capturing work
- Introducing iHEART-SA to patients accessing the clinic
- Consenting patients for access to medical records
- Consenting patients for research
- Assist the Care co-ordinator compiling dashboards for facility feedback
- Compilation of accurate reports (when necessary)
- Participate in iHEART-SA related quality improvement projects
Required minimum education and training:
- Grade 12 with MS Office proficiency
- Driver’s license
Required minimum work experience:
- Minimum 2 years data capturing experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with research data/database
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Certification in good clinical practice and experience with Redcap and [URL Removed] will be advantageous
- Previous experience in quality improvement will be advantageous
- Enrolled nurse advantageous
- Thorough with good attention to detail
- Ordered and systematic, with strict compliance to protocols
- Good administrative skills together with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database packages
- Able to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated data capturing speed and accuracy
- Confidentiality, tact, and discretion must be always maintained
- Good communication skills. Self-motivated and able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 17 March 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Note WHC, in accordance with their Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- PLEASE NOTE: Our Client, WHC – Ezintsha, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- AJ Personnel is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
About The Employer:
Ezintsha is a group of South African academics and health professionals who work with partners around the world. They apply new technology to health-related problems, and work to extend access to effective drugs so that quality health care and medicine is available to everyone. Ezintsha is a newly formed sub-division of Wits Health Consortium, which is part of the University of the Witwatersrand, based in Johannesburg, South Africa.