The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CORPORATE SERVICES ? INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER: UNIX ADMINISTRATOR
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 062 055 PER ANNUM ? REF NO: CS 85/22 ? CIVIC CENTRE
- A Bachelor’s degree/Bachelor of Technology plus relevant IBM product-related certification or equivalent
- Eight (8) years’ or more relevant experience
Key performance areas:
- Apply a substantial body of professional knowledge in solution architecture and design, coupled with in depth experience to design and implement complex interrelated operating systems in relation to ERP Systems Architecture
- Orchestrate design and management by providing the organisation with stable, resilient ERP production environments
- Maintain complex interrelated UNIX, Linux and Windows Operating Systems and Mainframe Hardware environments through installations, maintenance, support, performance tuning, reliability, scalability and recoverability activities
- Ensure the ERP systems are available 24/7 for productive environments and that project requirements are delivered
- Manage and control activities with the ERP Technical Infrastructure, by ensuring the integration of approaches to the ERP system, an understanding of the role of the OS and issues related to them, and ensure continuation of the critical services delivered by the ERP SAP Solution Centre
- Liaise with external third party IT vendors and internal IT departments and ensure all that all stakeholders are made aware of relevant technical requirements involved with the City’s IT ERP infrastructure initiatives
- Manage and participate in related projects and in project requirements.
Please apply online at [URL Removed] (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 8 April 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at [URL Removed]
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Unix Administrator