To manage projects to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality. The ideal Project Manager must have relevant experience within financial services/banking space within retail.
- Computer Science or Information Systems Degree/ Diploma.
- Qualification in Project Management – PMP or Prince2
- 5-8 years Project Management in relevant area (retail; financial services; banking; VAS)
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong experience in Projects and Project deliverables
- Has detailed practical knowledge of project management methodologies, tools and techniques within depth knowledge of at least one methodology (The company IT uses PMBoK/Agile/ASAP)
- Good knowledge of the Retail business environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines/milestones
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of using project tools
- Ability to manage business expectations.
- Ability to coach and mentor teammates.
- Change management
- Project initiation – Project charter
- Project planning – Project management plan including:
- Project schedule
- Project budget
- Project quality plan
- Risk management plan
- Monitoring and controlling of project execution:
- Project progress minutes including issue log, decision log and risk log
- Project status reports
- Project steering committee presentation
- Project close – close out presentation, reports and handover