The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ECONOMIC GROWTH ? PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT: SURVEYS
BASIC SALARY: R199 392 PER ANNUM ? REF NO: EG 07/22 ? CAPE TOWN
- A valid driver’s licence
- Matric certificate with a pass in Mathematics
- One year’s experience working under the supervision of a Professional Land Surveyor
- Ability to read cadastral documents and plans.
Key performance areas:
- Prepare and maintain survey equipment in order to assist the Professional Land Surveyors with logistical support
- Provide field support to complete surveys by assisting with setup and calibration of GPS equipment, performing line cutting, clearing and general survey support
- Construct cadastral beacons according to the Land Survey Act (No. 8 of 1997) standards, i.e. preparing concrete mix, cutting pegs.
- Collect survey records from the Office of the Surveyor-General and retrieve relevant data and information to assist the Professional Land Surveyors to prepare for field surveys as and when required
- Assist with searching for beacons or control points and setting out pre-calculated points using values provided by Professional Land Surveyors
- Transport specialised and sensitive survey equipment and co-workers
- Communicate effectively to avoid confusion during survey operations
- Monitor survey vehicle maintenance.
Please apply online at [URL Removed] (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 8 April 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at [URL Removed]
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Land Surveyor
- Property Management
- Technical Assistant