- Interact with business users, Business Analysts and other Developers to understand new requirements.
- Write technical specifications and develop new functionality to required standards and deadlines.
- Participate in design and planning sessions.
- Understand how the existing systems work, how they fit into the overall architecture and what they achieve for the business.
- Analyse issues reported by users and track down their cause through debugging techniques and discussion with other team members.
- Testing and deployment of code changes.
- Degree or Diploma in an Analytical, Quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Business Science or similar.
- Strong academic performance.
- Front End tool ReactJS.
- Proficiency in a database technology such as SQL Server or PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of Software Engineering practices for the full Software Development Life Cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing.
- Interacting with business users to understand requirements and manage the implementation of system changes.
- Docker and Kubernetes.
- Message Queueing Technologies such as RabbitMQ.
- Event driven architecture.
- Cloud (preferably AWS).
- A positive, can-do attitude, willing to learn and persevere.
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deal with pressure.
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse team and cross-train with team members.
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.