The primary purpose of a Senior Power BI Developer is to transform data into meaningful insights through
interactive dashboards and reports that help establish data-driven decision making across the organization.
As a Senior Power BI Developer, you will also be responsible for understanding business requirements, data
modelling, user experience design, testing, deployment, security layers and workspaces in Power BI. You will
be expected to guide and upskill your team through knowledge and experience sharing.
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop.
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Able to implement row level security on data and have an understanding of application security layer
models in Power BI.
- Proficient in writing DAX queries in Power BI.
- Expertise in using advance level calculations on the data set.
- Responsible for design methodology and project documentation.
- Building Analysis Services reporting models.
- Able to develop tabular models that are compatible with warehouse standards.
- Adept in developing, publishing and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements.
- Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop data models accordingly by
taking care of the resources.
- Should have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Should have knowledge and skills for secondary tools such as Microsoft Azure, SQL data
warehouse, Visual Studio, etc.
- Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI
service (SaaS), or by API automation.
- Ability to be creative and create dashboards from user stories.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 or more years hands on experience in Business Intelligence.
- Should be familiar and experienced in SQL.
- Familiarity with Python.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of 5+ years with BI tools and systems such as Power BI, Tableau, and Cognos.
- Experience of 5+ years in data-specific roles.
- Experience of 5+ years and familiarity with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI,
SSAS, SSRS, SSIS.
- Experience of 5+ years with DAX and M Query.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.
About The Employer:
A International company that specializes in freight forwarding, supply chain and customs brokerage is looking for a Senior Power BI Developer.