REPORTS TO: Head Research and Development
DEPARTMENT: Research and Development Team
- Communicate internally to gain an in depth understanding of the technical requirements.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of documents that capture and clearly define all the functional, electrical, and mechanical requirements
- Assist in feasibility studies when necessary
- Leverage experience from senior design engineers to better understand solutions and build technical knowledge.
- Build a technical knowledge base and skill set based on work experience to complete company development and support duties.
- Identify technologies that will best suit the requirements for each project
- Develop web interfaces hosted on local machines as well as cloud/server environments
- Develop web fronted interfaces that are user friendly and modern based on the technical requirements of the relevant products
- Take part in design reviews at various stages of all projects
- Contribute to the maintenance of a secure repository for all the components used for development purposes
- Support and assist the Solutions Architecture team members
- Stay abreast of technology developments
- HTML web development
- Linux environment (Hosting web services on Linux and working with the Linux network manager)
- Python (standard and web development packages such as Flask)
- MQTT communication
- Knowledge of communication interfaces such as RS485, CANBUS, Ethernet
- Knowledge of communication protocol standards such as MODBUS, SNMP