Fortunately for all of us, our wonderful American client has chosen to base their entire Research and Development team in the Cape. They have made huge investments in their CT office and are here to stay and grow their team. If research and development, complex applications, pure development (no maintenance) and learning new things interests you, then this is the right company for you. Based in the northern suburbs, this organisation is highly progressive offering generous flexi-time and other benefits.
- Participating in an Agile development process as projects require.
- Collaborating with various team members to continually improve development / delivery processes.
- Collaborating closely with customers / stakeholders in understanding requirements.
- Ensuring that there is a quality, security and performance focus throughout the delivery cycle.
- Taking ownership of the end-to-end life cycle for new and existing features.
- Taking ownership of code base and unit and functional tests.
- Development of new product capabilities.
- Maintaining existing product capabilities, including defect fixes.
- Creating automated tests and contributing towards a continuous integration environment.
- Delivering demos throughout the development process to customers / stakeholders.
- Providing customer support, including after-hours support rotation, for defect correction and consulting on service resolution.
- Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Completed relevant programming courses.
Relevant Skills / Experience:
- 2+ years software development experience with Angular 2+, using Typescript.
- Experience in any of the following:
- Angular / REST API Integration
- Cypress or Protractor
- Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Ability to work across technology stacks
- NodeJS / Python / Docker
- Jenkins / Ansible / Selenium
- MongoDB / Django / Nginx
PS Even if you feel you don’t have all the skills listed or if this spec isn’t what you are looking for, feel free to send your CV as we probably have other opportunities that could interest you. For a more comprehensive and updated list of opportunities that we have on offer, do visit our website – [URL Removed]