The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CORPORATE SERVICES – INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY (IS&T)
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (FRONT-END .NET)
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R870 029 PER ANNUM – REF NO: CS 113/22
- National diploma supported by industry specific/related qualification and relevant experience – Applicants with higher tertiary qualifications (e.g. B degree) will be given preference
- Minimum five (5) years’ IT experience in application software development, of which at least three (3) are in a service-oriented and object-oriented development environment
- Design and develop user experiences (UX) from business requirements, ensure business specific best-practices and industry standards are used, that the UI/UX components are browser and device agnostic and responsive, and convert designs and wireframes into code that will produce visual elements of the web-application
- The aforementioned are being used in an environment based on ASP.NET, Angular and SharePoint.
Key performance areas:
- Lead and participate in all phases of the software application development life cycle with an emphasis on solution architecture and design, development, configuration, testing, release and maintenance of internal and external web-based software systems
- Lead and make design decisions to create innovative, elegant and re-usable software systems
- Develop key components and modules
- Collaborate with Management to constantly improve and enforce the software development process
- Work closely with developers, product managers and to ensure the release of high-quality products
- Mentor junior colleagues.
Note: From time-to-time information technology support and implementation may be required after hours and the expertise of the developer may be required during these times.
Please apply online at [URL Removed] (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 13 May 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at [URL Removed]
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Software Development
- Information Technology
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years Software Development
Desired Qualification Level: