Purpose Of the Position
- The purpose of this role is to manage Electrogold projects and other relevant projects in Melthouse, Refinery and Service Yard.
- The incumbent will provide input in the development of the capital project pipeline.
- Each capital project must be executed within the confines of the company’s capital stage gate procedure.
- Capital project implementation must be executed within the agreed capital timeline layouts and budgetary commitments.
- Preference will be given to candidates that possesses a degree in Engineering or related qualification.
Skills And Attributes
- MS Office Package – Highly pro-efficient in Excel & MS Project is essential
- Report Writing
- Focus on results through quality and safety awareness, managing work, planning, and organising, decision making and customer focus.
- Express potential through adaptability, applied learning, initiating action, innovation, impact and work standards.
- Interact effectively through communication at all levels, building relationships, negotiation and gaining commitment.
- Achieve goals by aligning performance for success, developing others, facilitating change, monitoring information, inspiring others, information monitoring, meeting leadership and participation and follow up.
Knowledge And Experience
- ? Preference will be given to a candidate that has minimum of 15 years working experience of which at least 5 should be at a management level within the project management fraternity. Have sound engineering experience within the project execution environment.
Resource Planning and Execution
- Develop and Manage scope of works for projects to clarify projects requirements.
- Manage engineering projects.
- Communicate performance against accurate standards & Budgets for plant shop-floor management.
- Manage contractual relations with consulting engineering organisations to execute projects effectively and efficiently.
- Manage the development of contractual agreements to support the successful implementation of capital projects.
- Determine project resource requirements and manage these resources for optimal performance.
- Provides timeous and accurate cost reports.
- Report on the capital execution plan. To the Refinery Management team and General Manager Refinery and Fabrication.
- Ensure that the project schedule to have resources allocated to the tasks.
- The project schedule to indicate both internal and external resources that are required for executing the project.
- Ensuring that all employees under control are full conversant with IR procedures and policy.
- Instilling a culture of resolving employee relations issues through informal dispute resolution procedures.
- Ensuring that formal disciplinary cases are properly prepared and conducted.
- Ensure effective management and application of the performance management process.
- Assess manpower requirements and develop, implement, and monitor succession planning principles.
- Provides expertise to all departments through the preparation, checking and maintenance of departmental reporting systems.
- Drives timeous and accurate reporting, together with recommended action plans to Plant management studies and projects assigned to the department regarding all aspects of the plant operation.
- Project schedules are created from the project scope of work.
- The project schedules follow the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the project.
- All the project schedule activities have the correct activities, with accurate durations allocated to the schedules.
- The project activities are used to allocate the resources required for the project.
Research And Development
- Implements methods used in conducting various studies (i.e., filler capability, waste reduction, productivity, capital expenditure, justifications, etc.)
Health And Safety
- Ensures that GMP (Good manufacturing practices) encompassing OSHACT standards are adhered to.
- Complies with and ensures that all health and safety rules are met and acts proactively by addressing any safety concerns which may be harmful to self or other employees.
- Engineering Degree
- Excel Advanced
- MS Project
- Report Writing
- Resource Planing and Execution
- Implements Methods
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years Basic Metal Manufacturing
- 5 to 10 years IT Project Administration / Management
Desired Qualification Level: