PLAN, design & developer cutting-edge sensors as your coding talents as a Software Engineer is sought by one of SAs leading Industrial Solutions firms developing software solutions for the Mining, Healthcare & Maritime sectors. You will join a team developing Smart Sensors for the Mining industry using vision sensors (cameras, lasers and more) to monitor systems like rock-crushers and heavy-duty conveyor-belts. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronics Engineering, have 3-5 years’ Software Development with proficiency in Python, Git, Linux and Test Automation.
- Implement new features and improvements in the application.
- Write automated software tests.
- Fix bugs found in the application.
- Execute proper code version control and code reviewing co-workers’ work.
- Help design and plan implementation of new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
- Keep software documentation up to date.
- Research and learn about technologies/libraries as required.
- Keep software dependencies up to date and upgrade systems/libraries where necessary.
- Communicate and meet with existing and new clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Mechatronics or Electronic Engineering.
- 3-5 Years’ experience in Software Development.
- Proficient programming in Python.
- Test Automation and knowledge testing methodologies.
- Experience with databases.
- With Version Control, specifically Git.
- Knowledge of software development processes (Agile/Kanban).
- Experience with Cloud hosting platforms (AWS/Azure).
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.