- Estimate effort for testing tasks.
- Define the testing approach for each sprint.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to extract testing requirements for user stories.
- Design and create test cases.
- Execute automated and manual test cases.
- Implement automated tests for new functionality and implement automated tests to replace existing manual tests.
- Collaborate closely with Developers, identifying, logging, prioritizing, and verifying defects in a defect tracking system.
- Manage and maintain the test environments and test data.
- Develop test tools and extend test frameworks and test environments.
- Second Line support and root cause analysis of production issues and proactive, and efficient support service.
- Play a central role in establishing best practices for testing in an Agile environment.
- Continuous improvement initiatives specifically regarding quality.
- Product risk mitigation thereby limiting defects in production.
- Project risk mitigation thereby ensuring a smooth deployment process.
- Manage and maintain the Regression Test suites (manual / automated).
- Carry out Exploratory Testing.
- Provide the PO with sign-off of for releases.
- Degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems ideal, but solid experience will be considered as well.
- Understand the systems or products you are testing.
- Able to understand requirements to come up with sufficient testing coverage.
- Know how to read and write SQL.
- Know where it is most effective for an automated test to live (Unit, Integration, Acceptance Testing, E2E).
- Understand the benefits of manual testing but also the costs.
- Can solve complex testing issues.
- Have experience testing data within databases, reports, and applications.
- Exposure to Flex.
- Experience testing financial applications.
- Have a track record for innovation.
- Have a strong understanding of Financial rules.
- Have exposure to Oracle Database.
- Continually trying to improve your testing skills.
- You read widely about what is happening in the world of testing.
- You know that learning didn’t end with the last course you did but rather its continuous for the rest of your life.
- You care about releasing great software.
- Able to work under pressure.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.