- Development of server and client applications in Java for international retail chains.
- Analysis, design and implementation of specific solutions.
- Work in an international production team.
- UI programming (SWING, HTML5, CSS).
- Integrate third-party solutions (SOAP, REST, iDocs).
- Hardware integration (e.g., card terminal, POS printer, fingerprint sensors).
- Design, prototype and implement new software solutions and extensions.
- Create technical instructions or documentations (UML, Wiki, SDK, etc.).
- Report and line printing using JasperReports, iText.
- University Degree in Information Science, IT specialist or similar education background.
- 7-10 Years’ working experience in a similar role.
- Extensive experience developing retail Point of Sale solutions, preferably JAVA based.
- Experience developing enterprise solutions in Java.
- Knowledge and understanding of PMLC.
- Eclipse, Spring, SVN, Junit, Web Services, GWT, CI (Jenkins, Nexus).
- Good knowledge of SQL for Oracle and / or SQL Server.
- Knowledge of integration to SAP is a strong requirement.
- Extensive Travel internationally for protracted periods of time and locally in support of active projects.
- A valid passport.
- Knowledge of the SAP solution.
- Able to speak in German.
- Excellent business standard language in English, oral and written.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Independence and responsibility.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.