Build, Enhance, Monitor and maintain the Banks IT Infrastructure “Data Centre, Server, Network and vendors) using available tools and providing second line support to other departments with problem solving and planning for new implementations
Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- Provide technical assistance, guidance & training to team members.
- Assist with escalated user issues and assist in finding and resolving issues
- Identifying new technologies which could be used to improve current tasks and duties
Maintains, monitors, and supports the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
- Diagnoses and resolves complex hardware, software and connectivity problems
- Supports multiple systems for applications
- Work with project teams to understand business needs and Participates in business requirements meetings as needed.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as backups, patch management and hot fixes.
- Monitors operating capacity in terms of (Utilization, saturation, and expected growth).
- Analyzes health check results and provides feedback
- Recommends changes/enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability, and performance.
- Recommends settings changes to improve performance and reliability.
- Participates in testing efforts and coordinates feedback of test results.
- Provides Level 2 – 3 production support
- Troubleshoots problems by analyzing root causes and evaluating multiple options
- Adheres to security requirements.
- Tests and executes backup and disaster recovery for infrastructure solutions
- Monitors production, outputs, and services to ensure that SLAs, and other quality metrics, are being met
- Documents new or modified infrastructure deployments and systems.
- Installs, configures and maintains approved system hardware and software
- Collects and maintains tracking and configuration documentation and plans.
- Works with vendors and architects to understand their technology roadmaps
- Works across teams to ensure IT system upgrades and update deployments are implemented with minimal impact to production operation.
- Provides support for connectivity or related network/communication issues for the user community.
- Monitors ticketing queue and responds to service requests or
- Coordinates installation and maintenance work with outside vendors as needed
CCNA , CCNP, Aruba Switching associate or equivalent – Routing & Switching
LAN/WAN Acceleration (SD-WAN)
Aruba Clearpass NAC(802.1x)
3 years as an engineer withing the Infrastructure domain with proven record in Networking, LAN, Wan, Firewalls, SDWan,and Wireless.
3 Year as a Network Engineer
Office bound – Weekly Standby and After-hours support required
The role is Employment Equity SA citizens only
Candidate must be vaccinated and must present a vaccination certificate.
- network engineer
- azure networking
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years Systems / Network Administration