Nationality: S.A. citizen or permanent resident with valid SA ID or valid work permit for S.A
Reports to: Software Factory Manager
Experience: Minimum 6 years of work-related experience and skills
Education: Grade 12 / Matric
General Purpose of the Position:
Perform high complexity (i.e. system-level applications) analysis, design, development and unit testing of software applications from user requirements and documents and to resolve defects encountered during various testing cycles. Programs run on various platforms and developers must be conversant about their features.
- C; C++
- UNIX / LINUX experience as well as porting of C++
- MS Visual C++ workbench experience
- Some knowledge of SWIFT
- XML / XHTML.
- Experience in Financial / Accounting systems is COMPULSORY (Payment / Transaction / Orders)
- Understand Message-based systems, using for example IBM MQ Series or Active MQ.
- Porting software to different operating systems.
- Design, code, test, debug, and implement C++ backend applications.
- Attend project and agile team meetings.
- Must work in agile teams to complete programming assignments.
- May need to visit client locations.
- Should stay current with industry developments.
- Must be able to work with various computer technologies.
- Must be able to use SQL and understand Oracle databases.
- Strictly adhere to quality assurance procedures.
- Identify and communicate all areas that might be affected by a specific code change.
- Design solutions with regards to classes, database design and infrastructure design.
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software.
- Develop features across multiple subsystems within our domain, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Design Data Models to support new and enhanced functionality.
- Perform Unit Testing.
- Prepare software packages for releases, providing information for the release notes, and supporting the release manager.
- Preparing deployment packages for clients.
- Responsible for developing new programs and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
- Assisting analysts with requirement definitions, user stories, system design and specifications preparation.
- Design, development, testing and support of integration jobs, data quality metrics, master data management, SOA architecture design, business intelligence and analytics.
- Review existing implementations and models, identify potential bugs or deficiencies and look for possible improvements.
- Participate in design discussions, design reviews, code reviews, and implementation.
- After hours support may be required
- Be proactive
- Have a strong work ethic
- Communicate efficiently
- Be persistent and dependable
- Be flexible
- Be able to work in teams
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be detail-oriented
- Have exceptional programming knowledge
- Be able to produce quality work
- Have good time management skills
- Be able to work with different technologies
- Passion for Software development
- Message Based Systems
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years
Desired Qualification Level:
- Grade 12 / Matric
About The Employer:
Formed in South Africa over 20 years ago, specialising in major financial system infrastructure development. Key player in the Central Banking space with over 9000 employees in 60 offices globally.