Psybergate is an IT company that builds bespoke software solutions and provides specialised resourcing for client projects.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our financial services client based in Sandton for a 6-months contract role.
What you will be doing:
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems
- Ensure systems meet business requirement and industry practices
- Build high-performance prototypes and proof of concepts
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and knew uses of existing data
- Develop data set processes for data modelling, mining and production
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures
- Create custom software component (e.g. specialized UDFs) and analytics applications
- Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together
- Install and update disaster recovery procedures
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Collaborate with data architects, modellers and IT team members on project goals
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy
What we are looking for:
- Completed BSc degree or IT degree required
- 5 – 10 years experience across multiple date related discipline
What Technologies you will use:
- Extract, transform and Load Data
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that most of our positions are remote however candidates should be residing within the traveling distance as circumstance of the opportunity can change.
- data engineer
- data warehouse