Etisalat Group, a leading telecoms operator in the Middle East, Africa and Asia, today announced strong results for the second quarter of 2013, with an increase of quarterly consolidated revenues and subscribers across its operating markets.
Key highlights for Q2 2013 include:
* Interim dividend of 35 fils per share, up 40% from the prior year;
* Revenue grew 20% per cent to AED 9,9-billion;
* Revenue from international operations grew by 50%;
* Aggregate subscribers grew to 143-million;
* Maintained financial flexibility with net cash balance of AED 10,9-billion;
* Etisalat launch “Flous” that offers banking for the unbanked in Egypt;
* Etisalat obtained Mobile Network Universal Service License in Benin;
* Etisalat Group joined GSMA and Global Mobile Health Community in battle against diabetes; and
* Etisalat awarded best CSR practices award.
Etisalat Group reported strong consolidated revenues during the second quarter of FY2013 reached AED 9,882-million representing an increase of 20% in comparison to the same period of last year and an increase of 3% in comparison to the first quarter of 2013.
During the quarter, Group consolidated revenues was affected by the changing in the accounting treatment of the operations in Pakistan, which was consolidated with effect from January 1st 2013.
In the UAE, revenues of AED 6 303-million for the quarter were 12% higher than in the second quarter of 2012 and 5% higher than the first quarter of 2012. The quarterly year-over-year growth in revenues was primarily due to customer acquisition, an increase in the revenues of data and handsets sales.
Revenue from international consolidated operations grew by 50% to AED 3 513-million, representing 36% of consolidated revenues.
Etisalat Group’s first six months 2013 revenue increased to AED 19,5-billion compared to last year’s first six months (H1, 2012) where it was AED 16,5-billion.
Ahmad Abdulkarim Julfar, the CEO at Etisalat Group, says: “The outstanding performance of Etisalat UAE and the positive performance in Asia are reflected in our Q2 results.
“The board’s declaration of interim dividend of 35 fils per share is a strong indication of our steady performance and the success of the Group’s strategic plan, which has been supported by a clear and ambitious vision from our top executives and smooth execution by a talented work force.
“Etisalat commitment to communities and investment in human capital, technology and innovation is enabling growth across our operating markets and this is reflected positively in the results.
“These results demonstrate that Etisalat Group is absolutely on the right track and able to continue to add value to its subscribers, shareholders, employees and the communities it serves.”