In the process of making sensible financial decision, South Africans have created 31 ICON brands and LG Electronics South Africa has won seven awards.ICON brands unite nations; cut across age, income, race and language spectrums. They define a common experience, often on a daily basis, to which South Africans are committed and even seek these brands outside of South Africa.
“This is the first time LG has won seven awards. This is a milestone that we don’t take lightly. It speaks to the commitment we have to our customers, to deliver exceptional, quality consumer electronics products all the time. LG is a trusted brand and we always strive to produce premium products and services to delight our customers,” says Thomas van der Linde, LG’s GM for Marketing.
LG has won in the following categories:
* LG is the winner of the Air Conditioners Category;
* LG is the winner of the DVD Recorders Category;
* LG is the winner of the Microwave Ovens Category;
* LG is the winner of the Sound Systems Category;
* LG is the winner of the Televisions Category;
* LG is the winner of the Tumble Dryers Category; and
* LG is the winner of the Washing Machines Category.
The ICON Brand Survey by TGI is the largest of its kind in South Africa with 19 sectors, hundreds of product categories and thousands of brands included in the measurement. Over 15 000 consumers were surveyed representing over 23,3-million adult South African consumers. The data was weighted using the Statistics South Africa’s population estimates.