Veeam Software has announced two new solutions – Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure and Veeam Management Pack (MP) v8 for Microsoft System Center – to help customers more easily adopt Microsoft’s hybrid cloud as part of their IT strategy. Both of these products are now available in Beta.
Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure, joins the Veeam family of free tools gifted to the IT community in recent years which also includes Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE, Veeam Backup Free Edition, Veeam ONE Free Edition and Veeam Task Manager for Hyper-V. Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure simplifies and accelerates the use of a hybrid cloud for organizations both big and small.
This latest FREE tool, designed for IT administrators and IT developers utilising Azure, provides:
* Easy-to-use, reliable and fast file copy: Provides simple file copy between on-premises and Azure-based virtual machines (VMs)
* Secure file copy: Transfers data over HTTPS, thus does not require a VPN tunnel between the on-premises deployment and Azure
* Automatic scheduling of file copy jobs: Scheduled file copy jobs can be configured for periodic copies to and from Azure VMs, providing assurance and peace of mind to IT managers.
* No scripting needed: Job setup takes just a few clicks inside a wizard-driven user interface, and does not require any scripting knowledge.
“Through our tight integration with Azure, Veeam is able to deliver solutions that help our partners extend their business models and deliver the promise of hybrid cloud-helping customers easily transition to the cloud,” says Doug Hazelman, vice-president of Product Strategy at Veeam. “Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure is a perfect example of Veeam’s investment in the growth of the Azure ecosystem, and our continuing efforts to deliver ground-breaking innovations to the IT community.”
Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure requires no additional software or purchases, and while it is a simple tool, it reduces a lot of the barriers, such as connection issues and management complications for moving data to and from an on-premises location to an Azure VM. In addition, this tool propels the adoption of Azure by limiting one of the biggest inhibitors to public cloud adoption-the lack of robust solutions with the ability to simply and easily copy files to and from Azure VMs.
“With Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure, Veeam is helping pave the way for customers and partners to adopt hybrid cloud architectures,” says Vibhor Kapoor, director of Product Marketing, and Microsoft Azure. “Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure, along with Veeam Cloud Connect for Service Providers in the Azure Marketplace, represents significant contributions to the Azure community, allowing customers and partners to easily integrate the Microsoft hybrid cloud into their overall IT strategies.”
“The economics and agility of cloud storage has made it a very attractive target for backup, recovery and even disaster recovery,” said Phil Goodwin, research director at IDC. “The biggest challenge, however, is getting data to and from the cloud reliably, simply and economically. Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure is designed to provide that capability in a Microsoft Azure environment.”
Another new release, Veeam Management Pack v8 for Microsoft System Center, builds on the product’s advanced monitoring, alert management and reporting foundation with support for the latest on-premises hypervisor platforms, and new hybrid cloud planning tools.
Key, new capabilities in Veeam MP v8 include:
* Global infrastructure report: A new Infrastructure Summary report provides a single, high-level report view of the virtual infrastructure. By including achieved densities in areas such as storage over-provisioning, the report makes it easy to determine and communicate overall IT system status and efficiency to business managers.
* Enhanced hybrid cloud planning: As public cloud providers continue to innovate and provide enterprise-grade public cloud solutions, enterprises are starting to adopt the hybrid cloud-a combination of private cloud and public cloud. For businesses looking to extend their operations to the hybrid cloud, Veeam MP v8 includes enhanced analytics of on-premises workloads and predicts the appropriate IaaS resources, needed to run those workloads in a public cloud, including new Azure D-series VMs.
* Cloud-based backup reporting: Veeam MP v8 extends reporting to Azure-based backups managed by Veeam Cloud Connect for Service Providers.
“Veeam Management Pack empowers IT managers at the decision-making table with quantifiable and accurate data,” adds Hazelman. “This latest version of Veeam MP enables even shorter planning cycles and to accurately budget for the on-premises and hybrid cloud resources needed to drive business applications and infrastructure.”