Responding to changing customer needs, including demands for digital, self-service and social media services, Standard Bank has scheduled system changes to provide a single customer view and ensure a consistent customer experience across different channels.
These system changes will result in planned downtime on Sunday, 7 February. This will affect the ability of customers to perform certain banking activities and transactions from 2am on Sunday morning until 8pm that evening.
Customers will still be able to use their Standard Bank debit, cheque or credit cards to make in-store purchases and cash withdrawals at ATMs. They will also be able to use other services such as SnapScan and MasterPass. However, the following services will be disrupted:
* Customers will have limited access to bank account facilities such as beneficiary payments and inter-account transfers.
* ATM deposits will be unavailable.
* The banking app, Internet and cellphone banking services will be unavailable.
* There will be limited assistance at Standard Bank branches and the AlwaysOn Banking channel via WeChat.
To limit the impact on banking activities, Standard Bank is encouraging customers to plan ahead and consider doing the following:
* Make payments or do banking transactions via the banking app, internet and cellphone banking before Sunday, 7 February.
* Transfer any required money to relevant accounts in advance.
* Top up airtime and electricity before the weekend to avoid any shortfall.
* Although customers will still be able to use their debit, cheque or credit cards to make purchases, it is worthwhile to consider withdrawing cash to have on hand.
Customers can call the Standard Bank Call Centre for assistance on 0860 123 000.