Fortinet has announced updates to its FortiOS cybersecurity operating system. FortiOS 5.4 offers new features that enable customers to deploy internal network segmentation for containment and defence against advanced threats.
Gartner predicts “that 6,4-billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30% from 2015, and reach 20,8-billion by 2020”, exponentially expanding the attack surface and security challenges faced by enterprises.
FortiOS removes the complexity of defending against advanced threats. With the latest configuration, analytic capabilities and assisted one-click actions in FortiOS 5.4, enterprises can implement internal segmentation firewalls (ISFW) and Secure Access Architectures to move beyond traditional perimeter defence to stronger layered security strategies.
“Organisations are facing an increasingly hostile threat landscape with new and highly sophisticated threats emerging every day. Combating these attacks requires security solutions that can deliver true network segmentation without compromising network performance,” says Michael Xie, founder, president and chief technology officer of Fortinet. “FortiOS 5.4 delivers new features that empower organizations to implement internal segmentation strategies that isolate and remediate malware should it make it past the perimeter.”
FortiOS 5.4 introduces a new Mobile Malware subscription service from FortiGuard Labs. The rise in mobile device usage within the enterprise shows no signs of slowing down and has made these devices a prime target for cyber criminals. Leveraging FortiGuard Labs’ threat intelligence, FortiOS receives a constant feed of mobile-specific intelligence to deliver automated protection against emerging threats that target platforms like Android, iOS and Windows.
Highlights of FortiOS 5.4 include:
* New Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) Integration: Integration with Fortinet’s ATP framework of services including FortiClient, FortiMail, FortiSandbox and FortiWeb enables automated threat intelligence sharing with one-click mitigation of threats attacking the network directly, or through all major attack vectors.
* Single User Interface (UI): A single UI provides administrators with a birds-eye-view of the network for control and visibility across the entire Fortinet product line while incorporating deep analytics.
* New Forti Heartbeat Communication: Produces detailed visualizations of network topologies, arming CSOs with the data and analysis they need to implement end-to-end policies and engineer architecture designs like ISFW.
* Incident Response: FortiOS 5.4 provides automated detection and one-click response actions – such as quarantine device, block source and more – enabling response teams to efficiently identify and respond to threats while delivering reduced time to resolution.
* Software Defined Networking (SDN) Integration: Controls for leading SDN solutions including VMware NSX and Cisco ACI.