At Mobile World Congress 2016, VMware showcased the company’s momentum in helping communications service providers (CSPs) adopt network functions virtualisation (NFV) to deliver the unified, hybrid Telco Cloud.
The company has experienced a significant increase in customer deployments and pipeline year over year, as customers accelerate adoption of the company’s production-proven VMware vCloud NFV platform.
VMware and its partners are helping service provider customers transform their businesses with NFV that helps them lower costs considerably and enables rapid and agile service innovation. New vCloud NFV customers include:
* MetTel, a leading communications solutions provider for enterprise businesses deployed VeloCloud Cloud-Delivered SD-WAN running on VMware’s network functions virtualisation infrastructure (NFVI).
* Transatel, a leading enabler in MVNO and IoT, has deployed Affirmed Network’s Mobile Content Cloud on VMware’s network functions virtualisation infrastructure. The combined solution underlies Transatel’s upcoming commercial launch of an embedded connectivity service for laptops and tablets in the United States. Transatel previously deployed Affirmed’s virtual Evolved Packet Core (vEPC) on VMware NFVi to deliver services to European Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) customers.
New VMware vRealize management packs provide the proactive intelligence and visibility required to meet Quality of Service and Quality of Experience service levels in a dynamic telco cloud environment.
* Blue Medora vRealize Operations Management Pack for KVM – enables CSPs to gain comprehensive visibility and insights into the performance, capacity, and health of KVM workloads.
* VMware Management Pack for Network Devices – extends the operational management capabilities of the vRealize Operations core product to physical data centre networking.
* VMware Management Pack for NSX for vSphere 3.0 – provides comprehensive visibility of the virtual and physical network via the integration of the VMware NSX for vSphere and Network Devices Management Pack.
* VMware Management Pack for OpenStack 2 – will provide out of the box dashboards, reports, inventory views, and alerts complete with remediation actions for OpenStack environments. The management pack will work with VMware’s Integrated OpenStack distribution as well as any other OpenStack cloud based on the OpenStack Kilo release.
VMware Ready NFV allows partners to certify their virtual network functions (VNFs) for compatibility with VMware NFV infrastructure. The VMware Ready certification provides CSPs with the confidence that NFV solutions will deploy, run and interoperate with vCloud NFV. The newest solutions to complete VMware Ready NFV certification are Affirmed Networks Mobile Content Cloud; Metaswitch Networks Clearwater Core (IMS Core) and Perimeta SBC (Session Border Controller); and Procera Networks PacketLogic/V.