HP hopes to redefine the PC market with this week’s launch of the world’s thinnest laptop, the HP Spectre.
The CNC-machined aluminum chassis is as thin as an AAA-battery at just 10,4mm, but packs a powerful Intel Core i5 or i7 processor combined with full HD 13,3-inch display and Bang & Olufsen sound.
The HP Spectre is the thinnest notebook in the world, and unlike the majority of other super thin PCs on the market, this laptop doesn’t compromise power or features,” says Louis Perrin, director: consumer products in the Personal Systems EMEA group at HP Inc. “A beautiful edge-to-edge display, Intel Core i processors coupled with Bang & Olufsen sound and a sexy and thin design, HP amazing engineers set a new standard with the all new Spectre.”
The new laptop boasts features like:
* A carbon fibre bottom creates a thin profile that is both durable and lightweight, keeping the total weight of the notebook at just 1,1kg;
* High gloss copper accents reflect a hand-polished, jewelry like finish and an innovative hidden piston hinge creates the illusion of a hinge-less design to offer an unmatched premium look-and-feel;
* An innovative hybrid battery split into two thinner pieces delivers the same wattage as a single battery for up to nine and a half hours of battery life;
* Full HD IPS edge-to-edge display featuring Corning Gorilla delivers a superb viewing experience for editing photos, perfecting a presentation or watching a movie;
* 6th generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and a lightning fast PCIe SSD with storage up to 512Gb with up to 8Gb of memory for maximum performance. Integration of Intel hyperbaric cooling system keeps the machine running cool even with powerful processors in a small package;
* Stereo speakers by Bang & Olufsen with HP Audio Boost technology, a combination of hardware and software to give customers the depth they want;
* Three full function USB Type-C connectors, including two of which support Thunderbolt, to provide a fast, versatile I/O connection.
HP Inc also debuted the 15,6-inch HP ENVY, weighing just 2,04kg and measuring 18,8mm thin, boasting an 11-hour battery life and either Intel Core I5 or I7 or AMD processors.
The HP Spectre Pro 13 G1 was also unveiled, including a number of business-friendly services.
* Pictured is one of two limited edition notebooks based on the world’s thinnest 13,3-inch Spectre and designed by Tord Boontje and Jess Hannah. A limited number of devices from each designer will be auctioned at the Cannes Film Festival in May with the proceeds going to the Nelson Mandela Foundation.