Local organisations can now benefit from reduced communications costs and enhanced collaboration, with the release of T-Systems’ cloud-based Dynamic Unified Communications solution.
Dynamic Unified Communications (DUC) unites all communication channels into a single user interface underpinned by all IP platforms that support mobility and bring your own device (BYOD) strategies with a pay-per-use model that requires minimal capital lock-up.
“Leveraging global capabilities from T-Systems’ parent Deutsche Telekom, combined with our local expertise, DUC is the most mature and sophisticated of its class,” notes Hein Witte, specialised solution sales manager at T-Systems in South Africa.
Through its all-IP platforms, T-Systems is offering a new dimension of Unified Communications with the overlay of sophisticated video conferencing, messaging, and collaboration services. This ensures employees are always connected to each other and to their customers and stakeholders, wherever they may be.
Users can create virtual meetings, on the fly, by literally dragging and dropping names into the conference window, allowing people to communicate in the most efficient way via audio, video, or text messaging.
DUC promises the following core advantages to users:
* Interoperability: It makes any kind of telephone number available on various devices – such as cell phones, traditional desk phones, tablets, or ‘soft phones’ on laptops, for example.
* Productivity: armed with the most versatile range of communication and collaboration tools, users are able to complete tasks and make decisions with unprecedented speed.
* Data privacy and security: The solution incorporates data privacy, protection and security.
* Flexibility: Organisations can manage their workload dynamically and scale as required.
* Cost-efficiency: standardised services and workplaces simplify management and reduce costs through monthly ‘pay-per-use’ models, with no contract lock-in, and zero activation or deactivation costs.
* Support – 24/7 service desk, operation and local data centre.
* Enhanced customer experience: organisations can reach customers and partners on their terms, with simpler and faster engagement that breeds stronger loyalty.
“As the market matures, organisations are increasingly migrating to hosted services and consolidating their ICT portfolio. T-Systems’ DUC solution offers a virtual platform for companies to maximise their investment in their collaborative and PABX technologies.”
In addition, across the suite of services, regular feature updates are pushed to users to ensure they always have access to the latest technology advancements.
Clients are able to choose from a range of options to suit their size and their requirements. These include:
* UC Connect – provides dial tone.
* UC Communicate – call services, authentication and caller identity.
* UC Co-operate – mobile client, Outlook integration, music on hold and call park.
* UC Collaborate – collaboration, presence, Instant Messaging (IM), desktop shaping, My Room, voicemail and fax.