Standard Bank has advised customers of routine system maintenance due to take place on Sunday, 12 June 2016.
This will affect the ability of customers to perform certain banking activities and transactions from 2am Sunday morning until 12am Monday morning.
Customers will still be able to use their Standard Bank debit, cheque or credit cards to make in-store purchases and cash withdrawals at ATMs. They will also be able to use other services such as SnapScan, MasterPassTM and Travel Wallet Cards.
However, the following services will be disrupted:
* ATM deposits will be unavailable.
* Standard Bank’s banking app, business online, internet, telephone and cellphone banking services will be unavailable.
* There will be limited services at Standard Bank branches, customer contact centres and the AlwaysOn Banking channel via WeChat.
While Standard Bank recognises the impact of service disruptions on customers, the downtime is necessary to make the system changes.
To limit the impact on banking activities, Standard Bank encourages customers to plan ahead and consider doing the following:
* Make payments or do banking transactions via the banking app, business online, Internet, telephone and cellphone banking before Sunday, 12 June 2016.
* Transfer any required money to relevant accounts in advance.
* Top up airtime and electricity before the weekend to avoid any shortfall.
* Although customers will still be able to swipe their debit, cheque or credit cards to make in-store purchases, it is worthwhile to consider having cash on hand.