BlackBerry has launched a software licensing program for its Mobility Solutions business by introducing the BlackBerry Hub+ for Android.
A suite of BlackBerry applications, BlackBerry Hub+ makes productivity and communication on Android 6.0 Marshmallow smartphones effortless.
BlackBerry’s Mobility Solutions unit manages the BlackBerry smartphone business and development of device software offerings that includes maximizing the best of BlackBerry 10 software features and making them accessible on other platforms.
“An important initiative of the Mobility Solutions unit is a software strategy that combines BlackBerry’s strength in security, engineering savvy and device experience. The result – the ability to extend the best of BlackBerry’s secure communications and productivity features to any Android M consumer, enterprise or government customer,” says Ralph Pini, chief operating officer and GM: Mobility Solutions at BlackBerry. “Our customers have always raved about the unique experience of our proprietary productivity apps such as the BlackBerry Hub, calendar and contacts, amongst others. I’m excited that we’re now able to offer these amazing features to all Android users that demand the most out of their smartphones.”
BlackBerry Hub+ for Android is a suite of applications that includes the BlackBerry Hub, calendar, contacts, notes, tasks, device search, launcher and password keeper applications for Android smartphones.
Users can download a free trial from Google Play and access BlackBerry Hub+ from any Android device running 6.0 Marshmallow. The trial includes a suite of applications, including the BlackBerry Hub, calendar and password keeper.
After a 30-day trial, users can continue using the apps for free with an ad-based experience, or subscribe to the entire suite of apps for 99 cents a month, which will include additional features: contacts, tasks, device search, notes and launcher.
Additionally, users can choose to download the full suite from Google Play or just pick their favorite apps.
For users on BlackBerry 10, PRIV and DTEK50, all of these apps come fully integrated for a seamless out of the box experience.
Key features of the BlackBerry Hub+ include:
* Hub: A unified inbox that allows users to compose email messages and social posts, respond directly to messages and calendar invitations, snooze items so that you can view them at a later date, time or location, quickly select recipients for email messages using suggested contacts; file email messages and manage all folders, and search for messages or contacts saved directly on your device or on the email server.
* Calendar: View and respond to meeting invitations directly from the BlackBerry Hub. When users create or change events, they can avoid double bookings by viewing when they’re busy. Using the “Join Now” feature, users can instantly dial into your meetings directly from the event reminder. And with Google Now voice commands, booking meetings has never been easier.
* Password Keeper: Stores all passwords, log-in information and important records safe in one secure spot that is encrypted with a password of the user’s choice.
* Contacts: Stores all contact info in one location for convenient management. Users can interact with your contacts using a variety of methods such as phone calls, text and email messages, or calendar events directly from the Contacts app. Users can also create and manage contact groups.
* Tasks: Increase efficiency at work by creating tasks, setting due dates and reminders to help users stay focused and meet deadlines.
* Device Search: Easily find a contact, a meeting, a file, an email, a song by searching in one universal search bar.
* Notes: Keep track of to-do lists or bucket list, notes for a presentation, action items from a meeting, gift ideas for family or groceries the user needs to pick up after work.
* Launcher: Turn multi-step actions like sending an email or calling a friend into a one-click task. BlackBerry Launcher lets users organize apps, widgets and shortcuts on customised home screen panels for instant access.