OutSystems has announced the availability of OutSystems 10, the first low-code application development platform with advanced capabilities for enterprise mobile applications.
With OutSystems 10, regular developers can now build the type of secure and scalable apps that, until today, have only been achievable by highly skilled software engineers.
OutSystems 10 addresses two huge problems enterprises face with their mobile app strategy: the relentless demand to stay competitive by bringing new mobile solutions to the market and the scarcity of mobile development skills needed to build enterprise-grade, cross-platform apps.
¨A true digital transformation platform accelerates change (across and down into the entire stack, that is data, process, logic (business rules) and functions (the activities that people perform) are all automated to varying degrees during digital transformation) but there is a secret to success and that is the ability to continuously enhance and improve the customer experience. Enter OutSystems 10,¨ says Craig Terblanche, regional director for OutSystems SA
The latest release from OutSystems extends the platform’s comprehensive application development capabilities for on-premises and cloud-based environments. OutSystems 10 introduces seven new capabilities that dramatically accelerate the time to build full-featured, enterprise-grade mobile apps.
* Visually drag and drop all the components of mobile apps: user interface, backend integrations, business logic, and more.
* Build once – run anywhere, with a single code base that can be deployed on iOS and Android platforms.
* Create high-performance user experiences with smooth, sub-80 millisecond response times. OutSystems 10 includes an extensive library of optimized, beautiful UX widgets and the ability to add custom code with pixel-perfect control.
* Incorporate native device capabilities and sensors without writing any code: cameras, touch ID, motion, and more. Drag and drop sensor functionality into models to create immersive user experiences.
* Build sophisticated and secure offline experiences with on-device business logic without having to worry about the underlying plumbing. Support any offline scenario from simple offline data caching to the most complex offline data access and synchronisation.
* Simplify deployment with time-saving features: test apps instantly on any device, package apps for the app store with a single click, and update apps automatically over the network.
* Reduce the backlog for mobile app development. Developers can go from zero to highly productive in just a few weeks.
According to Gartner, “Through 2018, market demand for mobile apps will grow at least five times faster than the internal IT capacity to deliver those apps.” Gartner also stated, “enterprises find it a challenge to rapidly develop, deploy and maintain mobile apps, as it is exceedingly difficult and costly to hire developers with good mobile skills.” (Gartner Reports: “Market Share Analysis: Mobile App Development Platforms, Worldwide, 2015,” published: 20 July 2016 and “The Enterprise App Explosion: Scaling One to 100 Mobile Apps,” published 07 May 2015, respectively.)
“OutSystems 10 is a breakthrough release for us and the industry,” stated Paulo Rosado, OutSystems CEO. “Our customers have already been using our platform to fuel innovation with amazing web apps, portals, and core systems. By adding advanced mobile capabilities, we’re now the only low-code platform that can support the entire scope of digital transformation initiatives within the enterprise.”
“Every aspect of OutSystems 10 was designed for velocity,” said Miguel Lopes, VP of product management for OutSystems. “For example, creating a beautiful mobile user experience is usually difficult, but not anymore. We analyzed the most common user experience patterns and gestures from leading apps. We then crafted over 60 beautiful UX widgets that can quickly be added to an app with simple drag and drop development.”
“The time saving features go way beyond building world-class user experiences,” added Goncalo Borrega, head product management for OutSystems. “We tackled the ugliest problems that challenge development teams. Now things like secure offline, device-side logic, or adding a sensor to an app can be done with just a few clicks.”
Companies* participating in an early access programme of OutSystems 10 this year are already proving how fast the platform is by launching amazing new apps in just a few weeks.