Veeam Software has unveiled a raft of innovations to help enterprises ensure Always-On Cloud Availability in a multi-cloud and hybrid cloud environment.
Veeam Availability Suite delivers a fundamentally new kind of solution by providing:
- Non-Stop Business Continuity to deliver user confidence that their Digital Life will be available when, where and how they want it. Instantly recover – cross-cloud anything to anywhere. Backup, replication and continuous data protection (CDP) for Multi-Cloud or Hybrid Cloud environment wherever it is: private, public, managed or SaaS;
- Digital Transformation Agility provides easy, secure and reliable cross-cloud data management and migration. Choose your Cloud, your way. Veeam delivers a software-defined, hardware and cloud agnostic platform so you can adapt to user requirements as they change;
- Analytics and Visibility with actionable insights for data management, operational performance and compliance across your entire infrastructure. Enterprises can now monitor, analyze and act with confidence. Veeam and its ecosystem of partners provide robust data analytics and discovery, simplified data management, workflow automation and more.
“Today’s users are demanding – period. At home, work or school, users want a seamless digital experience and anything less is unacceptable. Enterprises are having to re-think their IT strategies and service models, and Availability is of paramount importance,” said Peter McKay, co-CEO and president at Veeam. “As enterprises move to the Cloud, Veeam ensures Availability of services, applications and data in Multi-Cloud and Hybrid-Cloud environments. Over the last 10 years Veeam has been the primary innovator in the space, with many industry first capabilities and highly differentiated solutions for private, managed, public and SaaS clouds, and at VeeamON we’re raising the bar even further.”
New Veeam Availability Suite v10
Veeam Availability Suite v10 drives business continuity and agility to new levels by extending the ‘Always on Cloud’ Availability Platform to manage and protect:
- Physical servers and Network Attached Storage (NAS);
- Tier-1 applications and mission-critical workloads with NEW Veeam CDP (continuous data protection), bringing recovery SLAs of seconds using continuous replication to the private or managed cloud;
- Native object storage support, freeing up costly primary backup storage with policy-driven automated data management to reduce long term retention and compliance costs. This includes broad cloud object storage support with Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure Blob and any S3/Swift compatible storage.
With v10, Veeam offers a complete end-to-end Availability and cross-cloud data management platform for enterprise customers by supporting any workloads (virtual, physical or cloud) on any infrastructure in Multi-Cloud and Hybrid Cloud environments (private, public, managed or SaaS).
Additional major enhancements to Veeam Availability Suite include:
- Veeam Availability for AWS
- Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
- Extended Veeam ‘Always-On Cloud’ Availability Platform
New Veeam Availability for AWS
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is becoming a popular choice for customers of all sizes. However, it is customer’s responsibility to protect and recover their applications and data running in AWS. As more mission-critical applications are deployed in AWS the need for enterprise-class data protection and Availability solution is increasing.
Veeam Availability for AWS (delivered through a Veeam – N2WS strategic partnership) is the industry’s first cloud-native, agentless backup and Availability solution designed to protect and recover AWS applications and data helping enterprises reliably move to and manage a Multi-Cloud or Hybrid Cloud environment. This solution mitigates the risk of losing access to your applications and ensures protection of your AWS data against accidental deletion, malicious activity and outages.
Included in Veeam Availability for AWS:
- Cloud-native, agentless backup and recovery using native AWS snapshots eliminating complexity and dramatically improving recovery SLAs;
- Mitigate risk of downtime and data loss for your AWS workloads by decoupling data and storing backups independently from the underlying AWS infrastructure;
- Take full advantage of powerful and reliable recovery technologies to achieve industry-leading RTOs including instant recovery, granular file and application recovery.
Veeam Availability for AWS is well positioned to revolutionize AWS data protection and become #1 Availability for AWS – the same way as Veeam has transformed VMware data protection.
New Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows, previously announced and being made generally available today at VeeamON 2017. This solution extends Veeam “Always-On Cloud” Availability Platform to public cloud and physical servers. It builds upon the success of Veeam Endpoint Backup — a product which has been downloaded over one million times since April 2015. This new solution offers features and capabilities designed to ensure Availability for Windows-based physical servers, workstations and endpoints, as well as Windows workloads running in public clouds including Microsoft Azure, AWS and other.
New Extended Veeam ‘Always-On Cloud’ Availability Platform; New Partners: IBM, Lenovo and Infinidat
The Platform delivers new Universal Storage API framework adding IBM, Lenovo and INFINIDAT to Veeam’s ever-growing ecosystem of strategic alliance partners which includes HPE, Cisco, NetApp, Dell EMC, Nimble and Exagrid. These combined solutions enable users to leverage innovative and powerful 1 + 1 = 3 capabilities dramatically improving ‘Always-On’ Cloud Availability and reducing costs without negatively impacting production.
Additionally, customers can leverage Veeam’s open and extensible platform to solve today’s business challenges through new integrations and partner solutions including VMware vRealize, DataGravity and Starwind Software:
- Log data generated by storage, hypervisors and applications is large in scale and unstructured, and takes a long time to analyze for actionable insights, costing time and money. Veeam’s content pack for VMware vRealize Log Insight is a powerful analytics and monitoring tool for the Veeam Availability Suite environment designed to provide users improved visibility, actionable insights, and management of Veeam infrastructure, reducing IT management costs and mitigating the risk of downtime;
- Data Gravity’s fully federated search and analytics capabilities enable organizations to meet corporate data governance and regulatory compliance requirements, while providing total data visibility, security and enhanced availability for IT, virtualization, and security professionals. Combined with Veeam, organizations can ensure the protection and security of their most sensitive business information while maintaining optimal service Availability;
- StarWind Cloud VTL for AWS and Veeam offers cost-effective and scalable tape replacement with Amazon S3 and Glacier object storage, helping businesses to meet regulatory requirements for data retention with no changes to the established tape-centric data archival processes.
“With these new innovations across the Platform and ecosystem, Veeam is once again pioneering the market. Enterprises have long struggled to juggle user demands, but with Veeam Availability Suite v10, we are delivering wide array of new capabilities that will enable our portfolio of more than 242,000 customers deliver rich, seamless Digital Life experiences to their users,” says McKay.